1. Dinyar Patel wins the Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize for his biography of Dadabhai Naoroji.
2. Arunachal Pradesh govt ropes in Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt as brand ambassador for 50th year celebrations
Known erstwhile as North Eastern Frontier Agency (NEFA), Arunachal Pradesh came into existence as a Union Territory on 20th January 1972.
3. The 10-day cultural and tourism extravaganza and also Hornbill festival begins at the start of December and coincides with Nagaland’s statehood day. The festival’s 2021 edition comprises around 700 separate events
4. India Foundation organising fifth Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi on Dec 4-5
The theme of IOC 2021 is “Ecology, Economy, Epidemic”.
5. Bangladesh-US holding CARAT (Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training) maritime exercise in Bay of Bengal .
6. Honduras elected its first female president, Xiomara Castro .
Honduras is a Central American country with Caribbean Sea coastlines.
7. Two rounds of Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 of 15 days’ duration were conducted recently, to reach out to the pregnant women and children who missed vaccination under routine immunisation programmes in 250 districts across 29 states/UTs.
During Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 around 9.5 lakh children and 2.2 lakh pregnant women were vaccinated.
8. According to the recently released ‘Ericsson Mobility Report’:
Fifth generation telecom services are likely to account for 39% of mobile subscriptions or about 500 million subscriptions in India at the end of 2027.
9. Indian-origin technology executive Parag Agrawal was appointed the new chief executive officer of Twitter after the social media giant’s co-founder Jack Dorsey stepped down.
10. The Lok Sabha passed the Assisted Reproductive Technology (Regulation) Bill, 2020, that proposes the establishment of a national registry and registration authority for all clinics and medical professionals serving in the field.