Learning The Game
1. The prose “Learning The Game” is about which player ?
A. Kapil Dev
B. Sachin Tendulkar
C. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
D. Saurav Ganguly
2. ” Playing it My Way ” is the autobiography of which cricket player ?
A. Sachin Tendulkar
B. Rahul Dravid
C. VVS Laxman
D. Saurav Ganguly
3. Who took Sachin to the cricket training camp in Mumbai ?
A. His father
B. His grandfather
4. Sachin Tendulkar also loved to ?
5. Achrekar started playing cricket at the age of ?
6. In which year Achrekar started playing cricket ?
7. My induction into the __________cricket circuit could have ended in failure ?
8. This time, Sir agreed to let me join the camp. I was delighted and I must say it was an opportunity that transformed my life. Who is referred to as ” Sir ” here ?
B. Indian captain
C. Viv Richards
D. Sachin’s school Teacher
9. The camp involved a session every morning and evening at __________ Park ?
10. Sachin would practice between which time ?
A. 7.30 A.M to 9.30 A.M
B. 6.30 A.M to 10.30 A.M
C. 7.30 A.M to 11.30 A.M
D. 7.30 A.M to 10.30 A.M
11. Travelling to Shivaji Park took ___________ minutes from my house ?
12. Where is Sachin Tendulkar house located ?
13. For the first few days, who accompanied Sachin , to get me used to the routine ?
A. His father
B. His mother
C. His grandfather
D. His brother
14. As a child, Sachin had only _________ set of cricket clothes .
15. At the end of the _________months, informed Ajit that I had the potential to be a good cricketer if I practiced all year round ?
16. The New English School in which Sachin joined is located at ?
17.Who always said that all he wanted me to do was give it my best effort without worrying about the results ?
A. Sachin’s Brother
B. Sachin’s Father
C. Sachin’s Coach
D. School Teacher
18. In his first year at Shardashram, Sachin played __________practice matches during the summer break of _________ days.
19.Which is a popular Mumbai fast food which coach would often give Sachin some money to go and eat ?
A. Rava Dosa
C. Batata vada
D. Varan bhaat
20. Sachin’s summer sessions used to start at ________ am and end at _________ pm.
A. 8.30 and 4.30
B. 9.30 and 5.30
C. 7.30 and 4.30
D. 9.30 and 4.30
21. Sachin’s evening session would start at ____________ pm after only a __________-minute break ?
A. 6 and 90
B. 5.30 and 60
C. 5 and 30
D. 5.15 and 75
22. Towards the last 15 minutes, Sir would place a _________ rupee coin on top of the stumps and if I managed to avoid getting out, the coin was mine.
23. Which was the last part of my training which Sachin’s Coach always would tell to him ?
A. To warm down
B. To run
C. To have intense batting
D. To bowl 60 deliveries
24. Occasionally, my father came to take me home and I would always ask him to treat me to a special fruit ___________ at a juice centre near the club.
25. It could be embarrassing because the conductors were often rude and would sometimes ask me to pay __________ ?
B. Two tickets
C. Additional 10 rs
26. Sachin often take the bus or train from Bandra to __________, and it was all a great learning experience.
A. Church Gate
B. Central Railway Station
27. Sir also punished me on one occasion when trying to teach me a very important lesson. Once, I bunked my daily evening practice to watch an ________________match not anticipating that Sir would be there .
B. Inter district
D. Inter School