National Testing Agency is an autonomous and self sustained premier testing organisation to conduct entrance examinations for higher education institutions. NTA will work as a society registered under Society Registration Act 1860.
An internationally bench marked testing and assessment organisation facilitating in identification of competitive human resource.
What NTA will do ?????
1. NTA would conduct those entrance examinations which are being currently conducted by CBSC.
2. Other important exams also will be taken up by NTA gradually once its functions fully geared up.
3. The entrance exams will be conducted in online mode at-least twice a year by NTA.
4.To serve the rural students,NTA would locate the centres at District and sub District level.
Constitution Of NTA :
Chairman –> an eminent educationist appointed by MHRD.
CEO–>will be the Director General of NTA to be appointed by government.The Director general will be assisted by 9 vertical headed by academicians/experts.
Board Of Governors comprising members from user institutions.
Currently Which Exams Are Conducted By NTA ?????
1. Joint Entrance Examination (mains) (JEE)
2. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Examination (NEET)
3. The Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
4. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)
* JEE and NEET exams are previously conducted by CBSE
* CMAT and GPAT exams are previously conducted by AICTE